What We’re About
GET TO KNOW US WITH 5 QUESTIONS!
What do we do?
TCA exists to protect and guide employers through business challenges so that they can pursue their passion, fulfill their vision and reach their goals.
Why do we do what we do?
We believe that employers need a trusted advocate to turn to that will answer their questions and solve their business problems
What Makes Us Different?
The Corporate Advocate is a unique organization that will see a client’s business challenges through until a solution is reached. In addition to this, our clients will NEVER RECEIVE A BILL for the advocacy we provide to them.
If we don’t charge, then how do we make money?
There are 2 sides to the TCA coin
- There is TCA, the service provider, which offers business services for which clients pay money.
- Then there is TCA, the advocate, which works diligently to find answers to your most pressing business challenges without compensation.
How Do We Work Together?
Simple. Tell us what business challenges you are facing and we’ll work to find the answer. Here are a few different ways you can get a hold of us:Get Started Now!
-In-Person: 1455 South Auto Center Dr. Suite 125 Ontario, CA 91761
- Clients’ interests will be placed before company profit
- Communication with all will be honest and frequent
- All clients will be treated as part of our team
- We will invest in the growth of our staff and clients
- Not every business will qualify to become a client
- Relational marketing will be the premises for all we do
- We will bring added value services to all clients
- Our staff will know and practice the five laws for success
- The Law of Value
Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
- The Law of Compensation
Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- The Law of Influence
Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first
- The Law of Authenticity
The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- The Law of Receptivity
The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
*The 5 laws are extracted from The Go-Giver, Written by Bob Burg & John David Mann